Marysa van den Berg wrote:
Hi,
The number of atoms in the second line of my .gro file are correct, I checked that. This is what my topology file says in the beginning: [ moleculetype ]
; Name      nrexcl
Protein      3
No changes here after the solvation. At the end after the [ atoms ] directive: ; Include Position restraint file
#ifdef POSRES
#include "posre.itp"
#endif
; Strong po
sition restraints for InflateGro
#ifdef STRONG_POSRES
#include "strong_posre.itp"
endif

Here's the problem. To end the #ifdef statement, you need "#endif", not "endif." Since you haven't closed the #ifdef, nothing is being found after this point in the topology (assuming you're not specifying "define = -DSTRONG_POSRES" in the .mdp file, which you only want at certain times).

-Justin

; Include DPPC chain topology
#include "dppc.itp"
; Include water topology
#include "spc.itp"
#ifdef POSRES_WATER
; Position restraint for each water oxygen
[ position_restraints ]
; i funct fcx    fcy  fcz
  1    1   1000 1000 1000
#endif
; Include generic topology for ions
#include "ions.itp"
[ system ]
; Name
Protein
[ molecules ]
; Compound #mols
Protein        1
DPPC          242
SOL           48333
The only thing in the topology that changed after the solvation, was adding the watermolecules in the [ molecules ] section (SOL 48333)
What could be the problem?
Thanks, Marysa

Ontdek nu Windows phone. De smartphone van dit moment <http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/nl-nl/default.mspx>

MILES-IGERT Trainee