Carla Jamous wrote:
Thank you Justin,
you were right I was looking at the wrong residue numbers.

I have another question that may also sound stupid, but I can't figure it out:
I want to extract from my trajectory, the protein, the ligand and ions.
However, when I try to do that with trjconv -f .trr -s .trr -n .ndx
gromacs asks to choose a group from my index file.
But if I choose group 0 1 2
it only takes the first group without the rest.
So how can I extract many groups at once from my trajectory?

Use make_ndx to merge the desired groups (i.e., 0 | 1 | 2) or simply !12 (assuming group 12 is SOL).

-Justin

Carla