#ZHAO LINA# wrote:
Hi,

I just simply did a change in .mdp file. Now the integrator     = nm
after grompp,
1) below is the error of  mdrun -s em.tpr -mtx em.mtx

Program mdrun, VERSION 4.0.7
Source code file: ../../../../src/gmxlib/smalloc.c, line: 147

Fatal error:
Not enough memory. Failed to calloc 4118944041 elements of size 4 for
full_matrix
(called from file ../../../../src/mdlib/minimize.c, line 2219)

You might want to take a step back and consider what you're doing. I didn't suggest you use the nm integrator ad hoc to get some arbitrary output. You have to understand what normal modes calculations are before you just dive in and try them. They actually require quite a bit of finesse:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Normal_Mode_Analysis

You're asking mdrun to do a huge amount of calculation, which your system may not be able to handle. Perhaps if you can define why (you think) you need a Hessian you'll get some more specific advice.

2) Seems the one run in cluster choked there like this in md.log.
Linking all bonded interactions to atoms
There are 2106 inter charge-group exclusions,
will use an extra communication step for exclusion forces for PME

The initial number of communication pulses is: X 1 Y 1
The initial domain decomposition cell size is: X 2.76 nm Y 1.07 nm

The maximum allowed distance for charge groups involved in interactions is:
                 non-bonded interactions           1.000 nm
            two-body bonded interactions  (-rdd)   1.000 nm
          multi-body bonded interactions  (-rdd)   1.000 nm

I don't understand how this is related. These are normal messages related to domain decomposition.

-Justin

Thanks for further suggestion,

lina

#ZHAO LINA# wrote:
Hi everyone,

I tried to use mdrun to get the .mtx file, but it does not work, I mean...no
mtx file output.
Below is the command I used in the scripts of my last two trial.

1)
## To run on 16 cpus
#PBS -l nodes=2:ppn=8

## program to run
mpirun -np $NCPUS mdrun_mpi -mtx em.mtx -deffnm em
2)
## program to run
mpirun -np $NCPUS mdrun_mpi -s em.tpr -mtx em.mtx

Probably because the Hessian is only relevant when doing normal mode calculations (or perhaps L-BFGS minimization). I suspect that if you're not using the nm integrator, then you're not going to get the Hessian.

-Justin

Thanks and best,

lina

MILES-IGERT Trainee