Mahnam wrote:
In God We Trust
Hello everyone
We have a problem for equilibrate the system with a protein within
POPE. we have searched mailing list , we dident any good note. We have used pope.pdb from Dr. Tielemans website. We have inserted our protein into pope and minimized it and equilibrated it with NVT ensemble for 2 ns, and temperture was stable, but when we want to equilibrate our system
with NPT ensemble it dosen't accept lincs algoritm and says :
" *presure coupling more than 1% *" and also "* box was shifted at least 10 time*.
here is our npt file for position reastrant:
constraints         =  all-bonds
define              =  -DPOSRES  -DPOSRES_pop
integrator          =  md
dt                  =  0.002; ps
nsteps              =  2500000; .
nstcomm             =  1
comm_mode           =  Linear
comm_grps           =  upper lower SOL
nstxout             =  250
nstvout             =  1000
nstfout             =  0
nstlog              =  10
nstenergy           =  10
nstlist             =  1
ns_type             =  grid
rlist               =  1
coulombtype         =  cut-off

I can see no logical reason to use plain cutoff electrostatics, especially for a membrane protein system. The artifacts are well-documented. You should be using PME. I don't know if this is the root cause of your problem, but it certainly won't lead to correct results.

rcoulomb            =  1.4
rvdw                =  1.4
fourierspacing      =  0.12
fourier_nx          =  0
fourier_ny          =  0
fourier_nz          =  0
pme_order           =  4
ewald_rtol          =  1e-5
optimize_fft        =  yes
niter               = 20
pbc                 = xyz
nstcgsteep               = 1000
nbfgscorr                = 10
vdwtype             = cut-off
DispCorr            =  EnerPres
freezegrps           = Protein
freezedim            = Y Y Y
emtol                = 100
emstep               = 0.01
energygrps          = Protein
energygrp_excl      = Protein  Protein

What happens if you do not freeze your protein? Perhaps there are unresolved clashes that freezing is keeping in place.

-Justin

; Berendsen temperature coupling is on in three groups
Tcoupl              =  Nose-Hoover
tau_t = 0.1 0.1 0.1 tc-grps = Protein POP bulk ref_t = 100 100 100 ; Pressure coupling is on
Pcoupl              =  Berendsen
Pcoupltype          =  semiisotropic
tau_p = 1 1 compressibility = 4.5e-05 4.5e-05 ref_p = 1 1 ; Generate velocites is on at 300 K.
gen_vel             =  yes
gen_temp            =  100.0
gen_seed            =  173529
constraint-algorithm =lincs
lincs_iter          = 1
lincs_order         = 4
whould you please gide me Many thanks in advance for your help and your reply.
Yours truly
Karim Mahnam
Institute of  Biochemistry  and  Biophysics (IBB)
Tehran University
P.O.box 13145-1384
Tehran
Iran