You will need an up to date version of MPI or PVM. Set USE_MPI or USE_PVM to
yes in your Makefile.$GMXCPU and type:
cd $GMXHOME/src

in which file should i type this? I can find makefile.in and makefile.am in the
distribution directory where I unpack GROMACs and in the src directory. Which
of them should I use? I haven't found USE_MPI in any of these two files.
Please, can youi specify in which files should I find this USE_MPI?

The GROMACS distribution is GROMACS-4.05

PS should be environment somehow dirrefent for GROMACs when it is installed on
clusteR?

Best regards,
Andrew