sunita gupta wrote:
Thanks Justin

After going through the discussion on mailing list I got to know that "coulombic and LJ interections has to be decoupled separately and for better scaling Lambda should have closer values. But my query is that for what value of lambda LJ has to be decoupled and for values of lambda coulombic interactions has to be decoupled.

Like if I am having 11 lambda values ranging from 0 to 1...with successive increase of 0.1, what range of of lambda should have

couple-lambda0 = vdw-q

couple-lambda1 = vdw
(...to decouple only Coulombic interactions)

and what lambda values should have
couple-lambda0 = vdw
couple-lambda1 = none

(...to decouple van der Waals)

And what should be the value of couple-intramol:

Thanks in Advance

There are numerous papers that describe procedures suitable procedures for calculating ligand binding energy with free energy calculations. I suggest you start there.

MILES-IGERT Trainee