fahimeh bafti wrote:
Hello,

I want to use a file.pdb which has 8 chain of polypeptide, each chain contains 6 residues. I need to expand it to 12 chains of 6 rsidues so I need to add 4 chains or in the other word 24 residues. I think I have to use genbox, so I make another copy of file.pdb and rename it to insert.pdb and i used this command, but it doesn't work.

 genbox -cp file.pdb -ci insert.pdb -nmole 24 -o out.gro

can anybody help me?

The implication with genbox -ci -nmol is that the coordinate file passed to -ci contains one molecule, and an additional -nmol molecules are inserted. So if you already have 8, you need a coordinate file with one polypeptide and then:

genbox -ci insert.pdb -nmol 4

Note in the documentation that -nmol refers to the number of molecules, not a number of residues, which I think is the root of your problem.

-Justin

Fahimeh

Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now. <https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969>

MILES-IGERT Trainee