Arden Perkins wrote:
Did you preprocess the .tpr file for 2 cores with grompp? Also, I believe you have to have an additional -np 2 after the mdrun_mpi command: mpirun -np 2 mdrun_mpi -s 200ns.tpr -e 200ns.edr -o 200ns.trr -g 200ns.log
-c 200ns.gro -np 2
-- at least this is what I understand from what my prof told me. We just started running parallel simulations for an undergraduate research project and I believe that is how we input commands. I'm sure the gromacs experts will correct me if I'm wrong.

Since this is Gromacs 4.0.5, there is no differentiation when running grompp regarding the number of processors, so there is no -np flag for grompp.

There is also no need for mdrun_mpi -np; the number of nodes is taken from mpirun -np.

In addition, if all the output files are named 200ns.*, then you can save yourself some typing:

mpirun -np 2 mdrun_mpi -deffnm 200ns

-Justin

Good luck!