Hi all!

I have a problem regarding lipid bilayer simulations in Gromacs 4. During some
of my simulations the whole system is moving in the z direction in the box,
meaning that after some time the lipids are going out in the bottom of the box
and coming in in the top of the box, since I'm using periodic boundary
conditions. This doesn't matter (I think) when running non-constrained
simulations, however when I'm constraining the distance between the lipids
(pull_geometry=cylinder) and a molecule in the system the system explodes and
the simulations crash when the lipids are starting to cross over to the other
side. The fact that the system is moving in the box must be the problem since
the system explodes exactly when the first lipid passes over to the other side
and nothing like this ever happens when the bilayer is not moving in the box.
Is there any way to freeze the cylindrical COM of the lipids or something like
that so that they stay more or less in the middle of the box all the time? I
don't want to use freezegrps and freezedim = N N Y as this freezes the lipids
completely in the z direction, and that's not what I want, I want them to be
free to move as before but I want to stop the whole system from moving too much
in the z direction. Anyone that has experienced a similar problem or know how
to go about with this? I would really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Emma