shahid nayeem wrote:
Dear Mark
Following your advice I started using three peptide in one simulation box. Iwas able to add these with genconf as previously in ordered manner, generated .gro with genconf, solvated it and after energy minimization I did MD run for 10ns. Everything ran well. In the end when I see the trajectory I find unfolding of the original chain but the two additional peptide introduced through genconf show appearance of new secondary structures. Even in these two the secondary structure do not develop at the same point. Why the three equivalent peptide behave differently in similar environment. How can I explain this observation. why the first peptide does not show any new secondary structure. Sholud I go with higher number of molecule. Will it make any difference if peptides are added in disordered manner and then simulated.

Initial orientation should likely have nothing to do with it. Perhaps this is even the proper behavior for whatever your peptide is. Is its structure dynamic? Is the size of your peptides large enough to even believe that they would be intrinsically stable? Many model peptides, in isolation, have very transient structures.

It could also be that your simulation parameters are poorly chosen, so the force field is breaking down. If you want comments on your .mdp file, please post it.

-Justin

Shahid