Ming Han wrote:
 1__2   6__
//     3\/     \\
|        ||4    |
\\___ /\___//
   5  7

I want to know if 1-2-3-6 torsion should be included?
And if both 2-3-4-7 and 6-3-4-5 should be included?
Thanks.

I would think that proper dihedrals would not even be used for such a molecule. The fused ring systems will utilize impropers to stay planar. For example, the TRP side chain specifies no proper dihedrals within the indole side chain; only impropers are used, but maybe someone with more OPLS derivation experience can comment.

You can also look into the literature. A simple Google search for "napthalene OPLS" (without the quotes) turns up tons of simulation papers.

-Justin

Ming