VANDANA KUMARI wrote:
Hi Yan,

You can do it by converting your both gro file into pdb files and concatenating both pdb files into one file . and you can convert pdb into gro using editconf
steps are as follows:

1. editconf -f 1.gro -o 1.pdb
2. editconf -f 2.gro -o 2.pdb

3. cat 1.pdb 2.pdb > both.pdb

you need to delete unnecessary line i.e. CRYST1 or END from you both.pdb file

4. editconf -f both.pdb -o both.gro

Conversion back and forth between .pdb and .gro is not required (but it does work). The main point of creating a concatenated file is that both molecules are placed correctly within the same box, so for each:

editconf -f 1.gro -o 1_newbox.gro -center x y z -box x y z
(and the same for molecule 2)

Getting the molecule positions and box vectors right is the real trick.

Then concatenate, remove unnecessary box and header lines in the middle of the file, correct the atom count and you're done.

Vandana Kumari