Rabab Toubar wrote:
Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply. When I tried to gmxcheck the minimization process I got an error:

Timesteps at t=810 don't match (2, 1)

Timesteps at t=814 don't match (1, 2)

Timesteps at t=816 don't match (2, 1)

Timesteps at t=818 don't match (1, 2)

till the end of the run, that is why I thought the system is not properly minimized. I will look into how to check the Potential Energy.

When running EM, mdrun prints the important information out at the very end, both to the screen and to the end of the .log file.

the em.mdp file is as follows:
cpp          = /usr/bin/cpp ; the c preprocessor
define       = -DFLEXIBLE
constraints  = none
integrator   = steep
dt           = 0.002  ;ps ie 2 fs!
nsteps       = 1000
nstlist = 10 ns_type = grid
rlist         = 1.0     ;short range
coulombtype  = cut-off
rcoulomb = 1.0 rvdw = 1.0 vdwtype = cut-off fourierspacing = 0.12
 fourier_nx = 0
 fourier_ny = 0
 fourier_nz = 0
 pme_order = 4
 ewald_rtol = 1e-5
optimize_fft = yes emtol = 10 emstep = 0.01

the md.mdp file is:
cpp                 = /usr/bin/cpp
constraints         =  none                 ;*
integrator          =  md
dt                  =  0.002  ; ps !

Using a 2-fs timestep without constraints may not be stable. Your original message said you ran 2 ns of position restrained MD with LINCS, which I assumed meant that you were constraining the bond lengths. If you actually did this, what reason do you have for turning off the restraints after equilibrating?

nsteps              =   12500000    ; total 25 ns;*
nstcomm             =  1
nstxout             =  500    ; collect data every 1 ps
nstvout             =  0
nstfout             =  0
nstlist             =  10
ns_type             =  grid
rlist               =  1.0
coulombtype         =  cut-off

Using a plain cutoff for electrostatics can lead to a number of artefacts. I see no reason to use this method in favor of other, more advanced and accurate methods.

-Justin

rcoulomb            =  1.0
vdwtype             =  cut-off
rvdw                =  1.0            ;*
fourierspacing    =  0.12
fourier_nx        =  0
fourier_ny        =  0
fourier_nz        =  0
pme_order         =  4
ewald_rtol        =  1e-5
optimize_fft = yes
; Berendsen temperature coupling is on
Tcoupl                =  berendsen
tau_t                 =  0.1    0.1
tc-grps = protein non-protein ref_t = 300 300

; Pressure coupling is on
Pcoupl              =  berendsen
pcoupltype        =  isotropic
tau_p               =  0.5    ; ps
compressibility     =  4.5e-5    ; bar-1
ref_p               =  1.0

; Generate velocites is on at 300 K.
gen_vel             =  yes
gen_temp            =  300.0