Sai Pooja wrote:
Well thats the thing. I have checked my pdb files. All residues have

There aren't charges in a .pdb file, unless you've somehow added them into one of the fields yourself. The file you need to check is your topology. A running value of the net charges is given in the [atoms] directive. Charges are assigned by pdb2gmx based on what is expected in the .rtp file and what you chose to assign in terms of protonation state.

either 0 or integer net charges. The number 0.9999994 seems like a rounding off error especially since the output of genbox says that the system has zero net charge. Again, I encounter this no-zero net charge

genbox reads coordinate files, so I don't know how any charge it prints is meaningful. It tells me there is a zero charge on a lysozyme system that I know has a +8 charge (regardless of whether or not I pass it a topology as well), so don't believe genbox. Believe grompp. The magnitude is indeed due to small rounding errors. It should be interpreted as -1.

-Justin

when I run grompp with an mdp file for energy minimization with the protein( excluding hydrogen ) restrained.

I am using the charmm implemented version of gromacs.