Hassan Shallal wrote:
Dear Gromacs users,
I need trjconv to write me pdb files at a list of frames that are randomly chosen throughout the whole production trajectory (they belong to the least energetic 100 frames). I can use trjconv to write a pdb at each frame but this is gonna be time consuming, so I looked in the specifications of trjconv and found that there is an optional input -fr frames.ndx, I guess this might be useful for what I want but I am not quite sure how to write an index file for randomly distributed frames points not for atoms or residues, the command make_ndx doesn;t provide any options for frames of time points!! I tried to create an ndx file manually by writing the frames numbers in a txt file, calling it frames.ndx, feed this to the -fr option of trjconv, as I expected, trjconv dealt with the numbers as numbers of atoms not of frames! How can I tell trjconv that the numbers in frames.ndx file are actually numbers of specific time points not of residues.

That's what it's supposed to do, so I'd suspect that there's something wrong with your index file. If you want to write out frames 1 and 2, for instance, your frames.ndx file should be something like:

[ frames ]
  1  2

-Justin

Any help or hint is very appreciated..