On 19/07/10 23:18, Lanyuan Lu wrote:
From our group's experience, there is a critical point for dramatic
performance drop when one uses two many tables. The possible reason is that
the size of tables exceeds the cache size. However, this only happens when
the number of tables is beyond something like 50. The total table size for
the critical point can depend on the hardware condition.

Thanks Lanyuan, good to know; 50 tables is about the order of magnitude that could come out in fact (well, it could be even 200, it depends).

I would love if any developer can comment on the issue too, since it seems complicated :)

m.