Nimesh Jain wrote:
Well, no. I got a 20GB log file when nstlog was 1000. When I changed it to 10000, the log file was about 1 MB after a few minutes of simulation which means that it will be in GBs in a few days.

Then look at what it's writing. Is it giving the output you expect? Are all replicas written to the same log file? I haven't used REMD since Gromacs 3.x, when replicas were written to separate logs, I don't know if it's changed. I'd be far more concerned with outputting full precision coordinates and velocities every 10 ps - that will likely occupy huge amounts of disk space.

And as an aside, when you directly say a certain .mdp file produces a 20 GB log file, the users of this list will expect that to be accurate. If you're not telling the whole truth, then it makes it hard to diagnose any issues and discourages people from helping you. Accurate reporting makes for faster resolution.

-Justin