Justin A. Lemkul skrev 2010-08-31 12.35:

Nilesh Dhumal wrote:
THanks.
I have one more system dioxin + water molecules. There is possiblity of
C-H---O hydrogen bond. The CH bond of dioxin and oxygen atom of water.
I want to calculate the number of hydrogen  bonds.
I used the following command
 g_hbond -f dix-bdmp.trr -s dix-bdmp.tpr -n dix-bdmp-no.ndx -num
 I selected the hydrogen atom and oxygen atom of water

Igot this error
Checking for overlap in atoms between H96 and O21
Calculating hydrogen bonds between H96 (4 atoms) and O21 (256 atoms)
Found 0 donors and 256 acceptors
No Donors found

Program g_hbond, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: gmx_hbond.c, line: 2235

Fatal error:
Nothing to be done

Two problems:

1. As g_hbond states, you don't have any donors. It is insufficient to supply only H atoms in the "donor" group, since g_hbond needs to calculate geometric parameters related to the D-H...A angle, so the heavy atom to which the H is connected must be included in this group as well.

2. I don't believe g_hbond will recognize any hydrogen bonds involving CH species.

-Justin

It is true what Justin says. However, you can circumvent the first problem partialy with the -contact option. Note however that the angular component is lost with -contact.

Increased user control over donors and acceptors (solving problem number two in Justin's post) is on the wishlist, but so are many other things. Eventually it will be implemented, but I can't say when.
Nilesh