HI all,

I am simulating a protein in water using the MARTINI (CG) force field. My protein composed of few alpha-helices and a big tail (~50AA) which is random coiled. I have built the simulation system according to the procedure at http://md.chem.rug.nl/cgmartini/index.php/tutorial/ubiquitin-in-water .

After a 10ns simulation, I have visualised the system using VMD. It seems like the protein had dismantled to amino acids. I see groups of bids moving freely in the system.

Any idea of the problem? Any idea how to fix it?

PS I don't want to use elastic network for the random coil tail, as I wish to capture as much conformation as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Itamar.

--

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice,
there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut