Shalom Andreas,

I suggest you would look into the RMSD distribution inside your clusters (file namermsd-dist.xvg). In this file you will see one or more peak. The cut off you use should be larger then this peak but smaller then the second peak.

I know this is a bit simplicity, but for more you can search the mailing list.

Cheers,
Itamar