You are right, overlooked the line.
And thanks for the idea with the short run, i'm happy with anything, so that i don't must look into more then 300 bonds.
Greetings
Thomas

Thomas Schlesier wrote:
Hi all,
i have built an .rtp entry for a molecule with 310 bonds, for the opls force field. For pdb2gmx i use the following command (version 4.0.7)

*pdb2gmx -f CAT.pdb -o -p -ignh -ter*

-ter is there because it is no protein, and use no C- and N-terminus (since there are none).
Her one question, the option -ter works (i think) but it is not listed with
pdb2gmx -h
Are there any reasons.

The -ter option is listed for me in 4.0.7:

/usr/local/gmx_407/bin/pdb2gmx -h
-[no]inter   bool   no      Set the next 8 options to interactive
-[no]ss      bool   no      Interactive SS bridge selection
-[no]ter     bool   no      Interactive termini selection, iso charged
-[no]lys     bool   no      Interactive Lysine selection, iso charged

The option certainly works, if that's the concern.

The relevant output line of pdb2gmx is then

*Number of bonds was 310, now 309*

-> So pdb2gmx ate a bond.

Has anybody an idea why this happens?

I don't know all of the underlying code, but I frequently see a bond removed from most of my protein structures.

Has anybody an idea which could be the fastest way to find out which bond is missing?

Run a short MD and see if any of your atoms drift away :)

Are the [ angles ] and [ dihedrals ] section also affected by this (since if i understood it correctly pdb2gmx uses the [ bonds ] section to determine the other two sections)?

Potentially, but until you test to see if any bonds are actually missing, there's nothing to diagnose in these sections.

-Justin

Greetings
Thomas