----- Original Message -----
From: oguz gurbulak <gurbulako...@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, September 30, 2010 21:38
Subject: [gmx-users] NAMD simulation in Gromacs
To: gmx-users@gromacs.org

|   > Dear All,

  > I performed a 50 ns md simulation using NAMD and want to continue this
simulation for 10 ns in Gromacs. Is it possible to continue a NAMD simulation
in Gromacs ? If so, could you please give me the information about this process
?

Not really. You would need to generate a .top in the normal way, and this
process cannot use any topology information that NAMD was using. You could
start the GROMACS simulation from the endpoint of the NAMD simulation, but it
would not be continuous in any sense.

  Secondly can I convert NAMD output files into gromacs output files and use
gromacs analysis tools ? Could you please also give me the information about
this issue ?

If you have VMD installed then GROMACS is supposed to be able to link to its
libraries to enable GROMACS tools to read any file format that VMD can read,
which will include all NAMD formats. I'm unaware that anybody has written any
documentation about this, however. That's probably the path of least resistance.