On 09/11/10 21:36, Justin A. Lemkul wrote:

There are numerous -pbc options with trjconv; have you tried others? I
have never had luck with -pbc nojump actually working, and -pbc atom
provides no guarantee that molecules will be properly reconstructed.
Using -pbc mol -center is often a much better approach, in my experience.

I spoke too soon. -pbc mol -center doesn't indeed break molecules, but it doesn't seem to always work correctly -I evidently continue to have frames where the system is obviously not centered correctly in the box, so even if I have a compact conglomerate of my molecules, the calculated gyration radius is artificially large (In fact, I discovered the issue by looking at the frames with large gyration radiuses).

I am sure it doesn't work correctly because if I visualize the system in VMD, enabling periodic copies I see the correct (compact) structure at the corners between boxes. - I can provide pictures if needed.

Any idea on how to proceed? I am quite lost. I wouldn't like to rewrite g_gyrate by myself :)

thanks!
m.

--
Massimo Sandal, Ph.D.