On 2010-11-22 13.27, Thomas Evangelidis wrote:
With respect to protein folding, I want to fold a 42 amino acid loop
(part of a protein domain with known structure) which has no homologous
counterpart in PDB. Ab initio servers fail to assign a compact tertiary
structure to the loop, so I would like to see how MD tools can cope with
this problem. I 'm wondering if there is any way to keep the rest of the
protein rigid while running the simulation, cause the loop interacts
with the protein surface at many points.Is simulated annealing the right
approach? I'd appreciate any advice as I think the time scale of the
problem I described is accessible to MD.

I would go for REMD with position restraints on the C-alpha's of the part of the protein for which you know the structure. To speed it up, you might want to try loop prediction servers to get different starting structures, however 42 is a long loop. Note that you will have to do quite a long REMD > 100 ns I would think.
thanks in advance,
Thomas

On 22 November 2010 13:48, ms <deviceran...@gmail.com