On 4/12/2010 6:45 PM, Anirban Ghosh wrote:
Thanks a lot for the reply.
But I am getting different results with the two .tpr files (first and last) using the following commands:

trjconv -s *first.tpr *-f test.xtc -o str.gro -dump 10000 -pbc nojump
trjconv -s *last.tpr* -f test.xtc -o str.gro -dump 10000 -pbc nojump

Did you read trjconv -h about -pbc nojump? Notice how when you didn't give your command lines last time, you didn't get a very useful answer.

So which .tpr file should I use?

You're trying to measure a membrane thickness. So you want all the membrane residues in the same box, and don't care about anything else. There's various ways to use -pbc and -center to achieve this, depending on what the simulation has done.

Mark

Thanks,

Anirban