Tomy van Batis wrote:

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Justin A. Lemkul <jalem...@vt.edu <mailto:jalem...@vt.edu>> wrote:

    Tomy van Batis wrote:

        Dear all

        I have a system consisting of 2 substrates (20 nm distance
        between them) and inside them there are polymer chains. I would
        like during my NVT simulations the substrates NOT to move (I
        suppose I have to put  the velocity of the COM of it's substrate
        to be zero).

        Does anyone know how to do that?

    The simplest way is to just use position restraints.  The positions
    may change very slightly, but not a noticeable amount.

    If you absolutely require no movement at all, use freezegrps in the
    .mdp file.

    -Justin

        Thanks in advance
        Chrysostomos <http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists>

Dear Justin

I found how to freeze the group that I want, but what I can't find is how to use the position restrains.

I created just 1 chain. As I can see in my* topol.top* file it's automatically included the *posre.itp* file. I inserted in my *.mdp* file the following line:
 define = -DPOSRE

but after running NVT for few steps I see that the chain is still moving a lot.

I can't find any example in the manual or in the internet. Can you please tell me what to do?

If the topology was written by pdb2gmx, the #define statement should be "#define POSRES," not "#define POSRE," so your define statement in the .mdp file is incorrect.

-Justin

Many thanks

Chrysostomos

MILES-IGERT Trainee