Hi Erik,

Happy New Year!

Last year (:p) I rewrote the routine from Andrea Amadei for
application of rotational constraints in a statistical mechanical
consistent manner. It's completely parallellelellized and consistent
with pd/dd as well as application every so many steps. The tests seem
good, although some small changes in handling the reference structure
may be required. Bottom line is, it was a pain getting it working with
the >4.1 releases due to all the changes and I'm a bit afraid of
what's to come :) So maybe a good idea to add it soon for beta? I can
provide the patch against the release-4.5-patches. I've implemented it
as an additional COMM removal mode.

Cheers,

Tsjerk

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Erik Lindahl <e...@kth.se> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We figured we'd celebrate the upcoming new year with some major changes in
> the git development branch, consisting primarily of C++ support and a more
> modular organization of files.
> This is a gradual process, so this mail is a bit of a warning-message that
> the master/development branch might have some issues with compilers/build
> environments the next couple of weeks.
>
> If you occasionally use a git build to run production simulation, just use
> the release-4-5-patches branch instead, and everything should be fine.
>
> However, If you are working on your own code based on the git master branch,
> it might be a good idea to either switch to the release-4-5-patches branch,
> or create your own branch that you no longer sync with master as frequently.
> In the latter case you might have to go through some pain to port your code
> back to the new file organization later (sorry about that).
>
> The upside of all this is that the file organization will gradually get
> easier to understand, and the code itself should also get much more modular
> and readable (which we hope will lead to a faster release schedule and more
> features :-)
>

> Happy new year!
>

> Erik
> --
> Erik Lindahl <e...@kth.se>
> Professor of Theoretical & Computational Biophysics
> Department of Theoretical Physics & Swedish e-Science Research Center
> Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
> Tel: +46855378029 Cell: +46703844534
>
> --
> Please search the archive at
> www interface or send it to gmx-users-requ...@gromacs.org.

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.

post-doctoral researcher
Molecular Dynamics Group
* Groningen Institute for Biomolecular Research and Biotechnology
* Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials
University of Groningen
The Netherlands