I have added an issue on redmine.

Cheers

Tom

Justin A. Lemkul wrote:

Thomas Piggot wrote:
Whilst this 'problem' you are seeing is probably as Justin has described (a periodic boundary visualisation effect), you should also beware when performing carbohydrate/sugar simulations with the default parameters in the force field files. If I were you I would check the entries against the published parameters (so Lins et al. if you wish to use the 45A4 sugar parameters). From my experience then there are some mistakes in the parameters in the force field files.

If this is still the case in the latest release, please file an issue on redmine so that it can be fixed.

-Justin

Cheers

Tom

nishap.pa...@utoronto.ca wrote:
Thanks Justin!

I am using constraints, but like you said it could be just PBC. I did compare some of my calculations to experimental values and they are fairly similar.

Nisha P

Quoting "Justin A. Lemkul" <jalem...@vt.edu>:

nishap.pa...@utoronto.ca wrote:
Hello,

I ran a simulation of one molecule of galactose (cyclic) in water. After the simulation run, when I checked the trajectory file in VMD, the bonds in the galactose molecule stretched and during the run changed back to its original starting form. I am using GROMOS force field ffG53A6 and parameters as mentioned for carbohydrates in the forcefield, so I am not sure what went wrong.I generated topology using 'pdb2gmx' command. Also GROMACS did not give any warning during the run and my simulation did not crash. Any insights?

You can check bond length distributions with g_bond.  Are you using
constraints?  Are you sure this isn't just a periodicity artifact
during visualization?  If the bonds deviated severely from equilibrium
values or constraint lengths, the simulation would have crashed, so I
suspect that what you're seeing is just PBC.

-Justin

Thanks.

Nisha P

MILES-IGERT Trainee

Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www
interface or send it to gmx-users-requ...@gromacs.org.

Dr Thomas Piggot
University of Southampton, UK.