trevor brown wrote:
Dear friends,
I have the following topology for system including CNT+peptide+water
When I grompp for minimization, I got the following error. How can I solve it? best wishes
trevor
WARNING 1 [file ffbonded.itp, line 2703]:
  Overriding Bond parameters.
  old: 0.151 292880 0.151 292880
  new: C  C 1   0.14210    478900

You have a duplicate bondtype entry. Seems like you've got explicit C-C bonds in one topology, and those parameters are replacing the default ones in ffbonded.itp. Is that what you intend?

ERROR 1 [file ffbonded.itp, line 2709]:
  Not enough parameters

In the ffbonded.itp provided in the Gromacs distribution, line 2709 is blank. What have you added here?

Program grompp, VERSION 4.5.3
Source code file: topio.c, line: 675
Fatal error:
Syntax error - File forcefield.itp, line 20
Last line read:
'1  3  yes  0.5 0.5'
Found a second defaults directive.

Something in your topology has gotten badly mangled. You can only ever have one [defaults] directive that defines certain aspects of the force field.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Errors#Found_a_second_defaults_directive_file

TOPOLOGY
; Include forcefield parameters
#include "oplsaa.ff/forcefield.itp"

; Include topology for CNT
#include "cnt.itp"
; Include topology for UW1
#include "uw1.itp"
; Include water topology
#include "oplsaa.ff/spc.itp"
[ system ]
; Name
Protein and CNT in water
[ molecules ]
; Compound        #mols
Protein             1
CNT                 1
SOL                 4019

In principle, this should work, if you've properly constructed the #included .itp files, but I suspect something is wrong with one or more of them. Do any of them re-#include "oplsaa.ff/forcefield.itp" (the peptide topology perhaps)?

MILES-IGERT Trainee