K. Singhal wrote:
Hi

1) I am using Amber03 forcefield.

2) In most cases Yes, but in others, implicit solvent simulations tend to crash almost immediately (after reporting segmentation fault).

3) It generally takes less than a couple of 100 ps for the loss of the secondary structure. A few times, I even received .gro files at the end with all values as "nan".

Points 2 and 3 indicate that whatever simulations you're trying to perform are simply unstable. If they don't crash immediately, they're giving meaningless output, right?

Earlier I thought it might be a problem with equilibration, but I have tried to run energy-minimization more than once followed by position-restrained runs as well (to equilibrate H-atoms). But the end result hasn't changed.

Do you get the same effects if you run a "normal" simulation on CPU and not GPU? That information would be critical for properly diagnosing what's going on. If it's not GPU-specific, in all likelihood whatever you're doing is incorrect somewhere along the way.

-Justin

Thanks & Regards
Kush

*Michael Shirts:*

A few questions:

1) What force field are you using?
2) do you get the same answers with and without GPU acceleration?
3) How long does it take for secondary structure to disappear?  100's
of ps?  10's of ns?

--
Kushagra Singhal
Promovendus, Computational Chemistry