Dear All,

I'm trying to use gromacs for molecular dynamics of surfactant micelles formation and dissolution.

While reading User's manual and some beginners tutorials some questions and problems occur.

1. Is there some software for creating .pdb or .top file for non proteins molecules like surfactants (SDS,LAS,AOT, Tween's) or I have to make them by hand?

2. Do I have to do something special to allow surfactant molecules to move freely towards each other or to take apart?

3. Does any body see any other potential pitfalls in such type of simulation?

Thanks.

Yasen Atanasov
post doc
Department of Chemical Engendering