Dear All,

First of all I want to tank Justin Lemkul and Thomas Piggot for their useful comments that helped me to resolve my previous questions regarding the construction of a lipid membrane.

Now I would like to post this question to this forum.

I got through placing a putative ion channel into a DPPC bilayer. I managed to expand this sytem -> minimize it -> shrink it (several times) -> minimize it (several times) until I got an adequate lipid density.

After viewing the final results I noticed that there are several lipid molecules that are dangling at the end of the periodic box.

Is this normal, or I did something wrong?. If this is expected, How do I get rid of the dangling lipid molecules before I start a MD simulation?

Waiting for your replies...

Sincerely,
Ramon Garduno