*From:* lina zhao <lnzha...@gmail.com>
*To:* Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users@gromacs.org>
*Sent:* Mon, February 14, 2011 6:24:47 PM
*Subject:* Re: [gmx-users] Gromacs Installation

1. Seems the default fftw configuration is double,
    when you install the fftw-3.2.2 configure with --enable single.

2. about your question:"I wanted to ask if I can download gromacs in my home directory using the ubuntu software center or synaptic manager?"

1] You can download in your home directory and install.

2] a better but a bit not so-easy way, is download the source (http://packages.debian.org/sid/gromacs), built the package and add it into repository.

There maybe also some other ways.

HTH,

lina