Dear All,

I am trying to make sure that the names of dna residues in my .pdb file match
with .rtp file in the Amber forcefield. I looked up the residuetypes.dat file
(attached), and it gives the names for DNA residues, which are of the form, DX,
DX3, DX5, DXN (X=A,C,T,G). So if I have a residue X, then what is the
difference
between DX, DX3, so on i.e when do I name residue X as DX, and when as DX3, and
so on?

Moreover, can anyone explain me the format of pdb file (attached) i.e what do
different columns represent, so I can change the names of residues without
making any error?

Thanks,
Majid