Jon Mujika wrote:
Dear all,

I am trying to pull a metal out of the protein binding pocket following a cavity in the protein structure. I followed the tutorial, but I find few problems:

1) When the metal leaves the binding pocket, some ligands "follow" the metal, even that I restrained the position of protein atoms (force constant of 1000 or 3000). I would like to keep the protein as it is.

Use stronger restraints and/or freezegrps.

2) The metal does not leave the protein through the cavity. How can I define this? I can take a water molecule in the cavity as reference, but I do not how to deal with this.

Pull along a defined vector, i.e. pull_vec1. You can use a water molecule that is initially in the desired cavity to easily calculate this vector.

-Justin

This is the pull section in the mdp file:

pull            = umbrella
pull_geometry   = distance
pull_dim        = N N Y
pull_start      = yes           ; define initial COM distance > 0
pull_ngroups    = 1
pull_group0     = Protein
pull_group1     = Metal
pull_rate1      = 0.01          ; 0.01 nm per ps = 10 nm per ns
pull_k1         = 3000          ; kJ mol^-1 nm^-2

Thanks in advance for your help

Jon Mujika

MILES-IGERT Trainee