vidhya sankar wrote:
Dear gmx-user,
when i run Equilibration Phase (nvt.mdp) i got the .gro files as follows
that is co-ordinates not defined in my .gro file
What should i change in my mdp file in order to remove 'nan' and to obtain coordinate?

I doubt the problem is that simple. "Nan" means "not a number," and thus represents some infinite value. So either:

1. your system blew up at the last step when the .gro file was written
2. there is some bug that needs to be fixed
3. your file system had some problem writing the .gro file

To address (1), check the .log file for any pertinent messages about instability. For (2), you'll have to at least provide your Gromacs version, input settings (.mdp file), and perhaps a description of the hardware. For (3), check your output trajectory with gmxcheck and/or watch it in VMD (or your favorite viewer) and if its contents are normal and the .gro file is the only aberrant output, then it's your file system's fault, no Gromacs'.

<snip>

   6.56000   4.36200  12.00000

For a system of just 80 atoms, this box seems extraordinarily large. Quite likely your system blew up.

MILES-IGERT Trainee