shivangi nangia wrote:
Hello All,

I am trying to solvate a protein sitting in a dodecahedron using genbox.
It gets solvated but a box of solvent is created around the protein.
I want the protein to be sitting in a dodecahedron filed with solvent.

I used the following commands:

editconf -f onlyhis.gro -bt dodecahedron -box 9 -d 1 -o dodec.gro
genbox -cp dodec.gro -cs mix.gro -o solv.gro

I have never used this utility of creating a docecahedron nor I could find a way to view the dodecahedron shae in VMD.
Am I going wrong?

Nothing is wrong. The unit cell will always be in a triclinic representation. You can see a dodecahedron using trjconv -pbc mol -ur compact. Note that the pseudo-sphere representation is for visualization purposes only; the triclinic cell should be the input for any simulation.

MILES-IGERT Trainee