Please choose an informative subject line, especially when initiating a new
thread.

ITHAYARAJA wrote:
Dear Sir,

I found an error which is given below as i run grompp for position-restraint

Fatal error:
Group DRG not found in indexfile.
Maybe you have non-default goups in your mdp file, while not using the '-n' option of grompp.
In that case use the '-n' option.

The error was attempted with -n but the following error also found,

File input/output error:
index.ndx

I can do nothing by this simple statement, please help me, Sir

You've specified a group somewhere in the .mdp that doesn't exist. Groups can be assigned by the name given in the [moleculetype] directive or by a custom name given in an index file. Apparently you've invoked grompp -n but you don't have an index file. You may or may not need one. If you've used "DRG" but no [moleculetype] entries are named as such, use a proper name. If you need to use some custom subset of atoms, make an index group.

MILES-IGERT Trainee