On 17/06/2011 12:33 AM, maria goranovic wrote:
thought of that, but the trajectory also has HISB data ..

.xtc and .trr trajectories have no atom identification. That's why lots of the tools require a .tpr or coordinate file, together with a trajectory file in order to function. Using bash, look at gmxdump -f traj.xtc 2>&1|less to learn what is there. You merely need to be confident the atom ordering hasn't changed from whatever generated the old trajectory.

so I guess I will have to alter it frame by frame ?

Even if your trajectory is some pseudo-format like .pdb or .gro, you can convert it back to one of the above easily.

Mark