On 21/06/2011 12:05 PM, bharat gupta wrote:
Hi,

Initially while preparing the structure , -2 charge was there on the protein. Next, after adding the ligand and executing grompp statement It showing -9.9 charge.

See http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Floating_Point_Arithmetic, which may be relevant.

So I added 9 sodium ions. but still its showing +8 charge on the system. what shall I do in this case ??

-9.9 has been filtered through your head. We'd much rather see the output of your terminal, copied and pasted. There's no way that -9.9 plus 9 sodium atoms gives +8. There must be a gap in your understanding somewhere, which is why we want to see actual input and output, not guesses and memories :-)