Sara baretller wrote:
Hi

this a part of the md.log  where the system has -50 charge

  two-body bonded interactions: 0.407 nm, Bond, atoms 514 515
  multi-body bonded interactions: 0.731 nm, G96Angle, atoms 1272 1275
Minimum cell size due to bonded interactions: 0.804 nm
Maximum distance for 9 constraints, at 120 deg. angles, all-trans: 0.810 nm
Estimated maximum distance required for P-LINCS: 0.810 nm
This distance will limit the DD cell size, you can override this with -rcon
Optimizing the DD grid for 4 cells with a minimum initial size of 0.810 nm
The maximum allowed number of cells is: X 11 Y 11 Z 11
Domain decomposition grid 4 x 1 x 1, separate PME nodes 0
Domain decomposition nodeid 0, coordinates 0 0 0

Table routines are used for coulomb: TRUE
Table routines are used for vdw:     TRUE
Using shifted Lennard-Jones, switch between 0.9 and 1.2 nm
Cut-off's:   NS: 1.2   Coulomb: 1.2   LJ: 1.2
System total charge: -50.000
Generated table with 1100 data points for Shift.
Tabscale = 500 points/nm
Generated table with 1100 data points for LJ6Shift.
Tabscale = 500 points/nm
Generated table with 1100 data points for LJ12Shift.
Tabscale = 500 points/nm
Configuring nonbonded kernels...
Configuring standard C nonbonded kernels...
Testing ia32 SSE2 support... present

There's nothing abnormal here. genion reports that it finds a -50 charge on the system. That's what it's supposed to do. Based on what it finds in the topology, it adds neutralizing ions and any additional ions to reach the specified concentration. You only have a problem if grompp later complains that there's still some residual charge (excluding tiny rounding discrepancies).

-Justin