On 11/08/2011 11:02 PM, PAUL NEWMAN wrote:
Dear Mark,

Thanks for replying. Yes I am using bash. Yes the bash recognize the set path. When I do echo, I got the follwoing

echo $VMD_PLUGIN_PATH

/home/pet/vmd/1.9/plugins/molfile

What can be wrong? Maybe the program is not in this folder? Which program is searching for this pluging

Perhaps there is some mismatch in how GROMACS and VMD were compiled, but I have no idea how to diagnose that.

Mark

Thanks for your help.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Abraham <mark.abra...@anu.edu.au <mailto:mark.abra...@anu.edu.au>> To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users@gromacs.org <mailto:gmx-users@gromacs.org>>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 19:51:04 +1000
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] VMD_PLUGIN_PATH
On 10/08/2011 1:21 PM, PAUL NEWMAN wrote:
Hi Gromacs Users,

I am using the gromacs analysing tools to analyze my DCD file produced by NAMD. I set up the VMD_PLUGIN_PATH before running however I got the error that the VMD_PLUGIN_PATH was not set up. Can anyone give me a hand? Please see below the details. Thanks for the help

export VMD_PLUGIN_PATH=/home/pet/vmd/1.9/plugins/molfile

Are you using a shell where this works? What does "echo $VMD_PLUGIN_PATH" say afterwards?

Mark

g_gyrate_d -f protein.dcd -s ../IN/protein.pdb

##############################
##############

The file format of protein.dcd is not a known trajectory format to GROMACS.
Please make sure that the file is a trajectory!
GROMACS will now assume it to be a trajectory and will try to open it using the VMD plug-ins. This will only work in case the VMD plugins are found and it is a trajectory format supported by VMD.

No VMD Plugins found
Set the environment variable VMD_PLUGIN_PATH to the molfile folder within the
VMD installation.
The architecture (e.g. 32bit versus 64bit) of Gromacs and VMD has to match.

Program g_gyrate_d, VERSION 4.5.3
Source code file: trxio.c, line: 867

Fatal error:
Not supported in read_first_frame: protein.dcd

"Lets Kill the Fucking Band"  (Tom Savini - From Dusk til Dawn)

Cheers,

Paul

--
Cheers,