shahid nayeem wrote:
I tried with single Arginine molecule pdb.
pdb2gmx -f arg.pdb -o arg.gro -p arg.top
genconf -f arg.gro -nbox 2 2 2 -o seq.gro
genbox -cp seq.gro -cs spc216.gro -ci protein.pdb -nmol 1 -o seq_box.gro -box 1.8 1.8 1.8 command runs but it does not add protein.pdb to the box

What is in protein.pdb? I don't believe genbox can handle multi-residue molecules, but I could be wrong. Or there could be insufficient space, which is quite likely. A 1.8-nm box is too small for all but the tiniest proteins. The better approach:

1. Run pdb2gmx on protein.pdb
2. Run pdb2gmx on arg.pdb, convert the .top to .itp and #include it in the .top from (1)
3. Run genbox -ci to add arg.gro molecules into the system

-Justin

shahid nayeem