I concur with what Mark suggested about in vacuo EM. I would also point out the following problem(s):

and the md.mdp:

Here you call for 300 K as the reference temperature and the temperature at which you've equilibrated:

tc-grps                  = Protein Non-Protein
tau-t = 0.1 0.1 ref-t = 300 300 ; Pressure coupling Pcoupl = berendsen
Pcoupltype               = isotropic
; Time constant (ps), compressibility (1/bar) and reference P (bar)
tau_p                    =  1.0
compressibility = 4.5e-5 ref_p = 1.0 ; Generate velocites is on at 290K - do not get velocity from gro file.

And here you're destroying the previous equilibration by re-generating velocities and simultaneously generating velocities for the wrong temperature, which may or may not induce instability into the system.

gen_vel             =  yes
gen_temp            =  290
gen-seed            =  -1

MILES-IGERT Trainee