Please keep all Gromacs-related correspondence on the gmx-users list, particularly if the discussion was previously carried out there. I am not a private tutor.

Joschua Sterzenbach wrote:
Hi

is in the coordinate file only the geometry of the molecule?

Yes. Have a look at its contents - all you'll find in most common formats are the (x,y,z) coordinates of the named atoms.

I ask because I only have the geometry.

Do I get the topologie out of the geometry or from where comes it?

Please do some basic tutorial material to understand the Gromacs workflow. For residue-based biomolecules like proteins and nucleic acids, use pdb2gmx. For other molecules, g_x2top can create basic topologies for a limited number of force fields and molecules. Otherwise, you'll have to obtain the topology by some other means. There are other programs on the User Contributions page of the Gromacs site that can produce topologies for arbitrary molecules.

You haven't said yet what you're working with, so all I can do is venture
guesses.

-Justin

The questions corresponds to this: http://www.mail-archive.com/gmx-users@gromacs.org/msg43478.html

Thanks