On 30/08/2011 1:14 PM, Payman Pirzadeh wrote:

Hello,

My simulation crashed in the middle and I used the "/--cpi checkpoint.cpt --append"/ option to continue. However, GROMACS cannot continue and complains about not being able to open the corresponding .trr file. I checked my folder, the trr file is there and the name is the same as the *.tpr and *.cpt files. What else could have caused this problem?

Some kind of filesystem-based locking mechanism sounds most likely. If a zombie process of the old run still has the file, you might not be able to open it again. Also, check the file permissions.