On 26/09/2011 9:04 PM, raj wrote:
Hello,

I have done simulations on cyclic peptide nanotubes and trying to calculate the atomic concentration in the x and y axis, to measure the diameter of the tube. I have tried using the g_rdf, but the results are confusing to interpret. Here is the steps which I followed,

1. using trjconv, rotational and translational motions are removed from the centered trajectory. 2. and then, g_rdf -f trj.xtc -s ref.gro -n index.ndx -o out.xvg (I understood that the "-rdf atom" option is the default one and this will calculate the atomic distribution in the x and y plane)

You need to indicate that you want the 2D analysis with a specific option. Check out g_rdf -h

Mark

I am not sure whether the elimination of translational and rotational motions is enough to calculate this property, should I have to align the structure in the z axis using the PCA analysis?

Regards,
Raj.