On 30/10/2011 11:04 AM, Yun Shi wrote:
Hello all,

I am using amber99SB to model an antibody with organic ligands.

I know we could choose to restrain all atoms or only heavy atoms during the equilibration. But I wonder if this really matters for my system. As far as I know, equilibration is aimed at getting the temperature and pressure right, mainly for the solvent. And as long as we are going to do a 'real' MD production run without restraints, it should not matter too much how we restrained the antibody and ligands?

Initial velocities are sampled from a theoretical distribution. Initial positions can be quite unphysical from whatever process created them - particularly hydrogen atoms. These can combine poorly in the absence of some sensible restraints. Only you can assess the quality of your input model.

Mark

I am not if I am right about this. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Yun