On 11/12/2011 11:23 PM, Efrat Exlrod wrote:

Hi,

I have run simulation of a large solute in a box of water. Trying to look at the simulation output I used trjconv with and without the -pbc nojump option.

For example:

(1) trjconv_d -s md_100ns.tpr -f md_100ns.xtc -o md_100ns_noPBC_pbcmol.pdb -pbc mol -ur compact

(2) trjconv_d -s md_100ns.tpr -f md_100ns.xtc -o md_100ns_noPBC_nojump.pdb -pbc nojump

With pbc=mol the solute is broken to few pieces, while the water molecules are placed in a box with few holes. With pbc=nojump the solute seems reasonably well but the water molecules are scattered in a large radius around the solute, and some of them are not broken (OH or H).

I tried many options of trjconv and read the 'suggested trjconv workflow' but I still can't obtain a reasonable complete system after the simulation.

How can I solve this problem?

This is a straightforward situation where the suggested workflow works: remove jumps (so all molecules are whole), then center on the solute, and then put everything in some box (so -pbc mol, which leaves the centered solute where it is).