Hi Otto,
do you know how to use the free energy code in GROMACS for running alchemical transformations (such as thermodynamic integration)? I strongly suggest first to be confortable with that code before trying to implement REST. In such alchemical calculations, you have to specify two topologies, one for state A and one for state B. Then simulations at each lambda value is a linear interpolation between state A and state B, such as H = (1-lambda)*H[A] + lambda*H[B]. In the case of REST, one simulation at an intermediate lambda value is also a linear interpolation between topology A (ref T, unscaled Hamiltonian) and topology B (highest T, scaled Hamiltonian). You thus have to build a topology for both A *and* B (how to do that is well described in the manual). Once you have this "dual" topology, you just have to set lambda for each replica.
Ciao,

Patrick